(905) 387-0143 | Our Location | Contact Us
Independently Owned and Operated Since 1948
Holiday Shopping Event Catalog
A 115.83-carat pear-shaped diamond is the star of Christie’s upcoming Magnificent Jewels auction in New York. The F-color, VVS1 gem dangles from a majestic 19-inch platinum necklace that is completely encircled by 51 pear-shaped diamonds, 31 of which range in size from 0.97 to 5.50 carats.
This headliner — The Property of a Lady — is expected to fetch between $5 million and $7 million when the hammer comes down on July 29. The piece has the highest pre-sale estimate and any item in the sale and is slated to be the last of 264 lots offered.
The Christies sale includes a wide range of head turning gems and jewelry from prominent private collections. Here are some of our favorites…
• The item with the second-highest presale estimate is a platinum ring featuring a fancy intense blue pear-shaped diamond weighing 7.16 carats. The center stone is rated internally flawless and is expected to sell in the range of $3.5 million to $5 million.
• Another impressive pear-shaped diamond in the sale is this 25.22-carat gem, which boasts a D color and VVS2 clarity. The diamond is set on a platinum diamond band accented with circular-cut diamonds. This piece is expected to sell for $1.5 million to $2.5 million.
• Listed as the property of an important private collector, this “Sky Tower” necklace was designed by Anna Hu. The piece, which carries a presale estimate of $1 million to $1.5 million, features a carved jadeite plaque placed over an irregularly-shaped shield inlayed with circular-cut white and yellow diamonds. The central portion of the titanium and 18-karat white gold necklace may be detached and worn as a brooch.
• A superb Art Deco sapphire and diamond sautoir by Bulgari features an oval cabochon star sapphire and 28 oval cabochon sapphires in a piece that can be detached and worn as two bracelets. The platinum and white gold necklace was created circa 1930 and carries an estimated price of $650,000 to $850,000.
• A cushion mixed-cut Ceylon sapphire weighing 53.48 carats is set on a platinum band accented by circular-cut diamonds. Christie’s expects the piece to sell in the range of $500,000 to $700,000.
• Weighing 7.65 carats is the fancy light purplish pink pear-shaped diamond at the center of this platinum and 18-karat rose gold ring. The pretty, VS2-clarity center stone is accented with tapered baguette-cut diamonds. The presale estimate for this piece is $400,000 to $600,000.
• Fans of yellow diamonds will be excited to see this internally flawless 11.06-carat cut-cornered, rectangular-cut diamond. The stone is rated fancy vivid yellow and is set on an 18-karat yellow gold band accented with circular-cut diamonds. Presale estimate: $400,000 to $500,000.
Credits: Images courtesy of Christie’s.